Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can't keep thinking of titles!

Although my digi cam is up and running, and I have a ton of pics taken....I can't believe I still don't have pics up yet on my blog! Paul has worked on it a couple of times, but there are more important things. Last night we were looking at my Facebook together and he noticed all the neat pics that everyone else has, my neice, his cousin, a couple friends, etc. I think he's motivated now! Our computer can be such a pain to load stuff on and take stuff off. I really don't blame him!

Community Bible Study (CBS) this morning. I absolutley love this study! This is my fourth year. I schedule the time every year from Sept. through May. Sometimes this makes my Thursdays very busy, especially when I have Advisory Board the 3rd Thursday of the month, but it is absolutely worth it. There are so many great things about it:

  • while I'm at my class-my kids have their own class with solid Bible teaching, with different teachers besides mom and dad! (by-product of being PK's)
  • the lessons stick to Scripture only- while there is some commentary at the end, there isn't any preachy devotionals which means I have to get the message out of it for myself
  • I am in the Word solely for myself, not preparing to teach it or preach it. So I'm getting fed and filled up because I'm not having to put out
  • it keeps me accountable week to week because nobody wants to show up without their lesson being done!
  • the women who lead CBS are professional in their dealings, and keep everyone on strict rules- no discussing denominations, no discussing politics, no discussing church doctrine. Basically it's Scripture only- what a way to avoid conflict and "holier than thou" attitudes!
  • I meet so many different women from different walks of life and makes me feel more connected to the community

So this afternoon, I am hurriedly (I must not be in that much of a hurry because here I am blogging!) getting ready to leave for 2 days for Round 2 of our Officer's Christmas Party at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA. Last time it was cancelled (postponed). Fortunately for us, when they re-scheduled it worked fine into this weekend! So we're leaving at 7:30am tomorrow morning and coming home Saturday evening. I am half packed (the children and me) but I also like to have a clean home when I leave to go somewhere-1. because it's so nice to come home to a clean home 2. because if we were to all die, I would want things to be nice for those who come behind us to clean out all our stuff. I also need to finish preparing for Sunday, beecause it's Family First Sunday, which always takes extra prep time, and I won't be here Saturday to catch up. I also know it will feel much better on the drive home to know that Sunday is all ready to go :)

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Have a great time! I hope you enjoyed your massage the other day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...