Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boy does time fly! I've been home for a few days now, but being extremely busy coupled with sharing a comptuer with 3 guys has left me ignoring my blog, but... I'm baaaaack!

We had a great vacation visiting with my parents, brother (and his girlfriend) and good friends from long ago! We took 2 days to drive down to Napa, CA and 2 1/2 days to drive back. We actually had a great driving time! I'm thankful our kids are such great travelers! They sure were wound up in the evenings though after sitting all day. Those poor motel beds...

The highlights of our trip were the Jelly Belly Factory, a Blue Grass Band at Pizza Hut (walking distance from my parents house), Grandpa's Lathe workshop, Grandma's computer Star Wars video game, and a fabulous trip to San Fransisco with my whole family, including a walk on the Golden Gate bridge. And for me, visiting with 2 of my best friends from Highschool, Tiffany and Terry... who I only see every few years, if that. I didn't get to see my childhood friends (since 1st grade!), Kelli and Nikki, because we just could not get our schedules coordinated! I did get to see them in May 07, though... so I won't complain.

Dump session........There has been so much to keep up with these last few days. Both at home and the Corps (church). I can't even think straight and have literally been carrying paper and pen with me everywhere so I can write down everything. I just don't trust myself this week to "remember" it all! Not a good feeling at all. But I know it will pass. David is finally finishing his Destination Imagination committments, with the final State competition being next weekend. I'm glad! David's Baseball season has just begun though! (Elijah does his sport, soccer, in the fall). March through May is a busy month at the Corps... Vacation Bible School, Audits, Easter, Mother/Daughter and Father/Son programs, Migrant Workers, and more on top of regular Corps programming. And oh yeah, a baby coming in mid-April! I can't wait for him/her to arrive so I can rest! (he!he!)

We are officially having our Christmas Dinner tonight. Our Prime Rib that we stuck in the freezer during our flu, and all the fixings that were supposed to go with it to begin with. So what, we're two months late, better late than never! I still can't figure out though why it took us this long to get around to it?!

Well, I better go. I really need to fiddle more with my blog because it is still won't do what I want. I think I need professional help!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Merry Christmas!

It was great to see you at the Blessing Shower. So glad you could make it. You looked adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...