Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby Ramblings...

My sciatic (sp?) nerve that runs down the right side of my body was KILLING me yesterday after church. It was soooo bad. I could barely walk up the stairs. I layed down for a while, Paul massaged it, Ann kept my feet covered (she wanted to help) and the boys were really worried about me. I hate to scare them. I've never heard them so quiet and they kept checking in on me. It was feeling much better after laying down for a while and is feeling much better today, though I'm purposely trying not to lift or move real fast.

The only cure is delivery of this baby! Although, if it were all up to my own timing, I'd like to wait until after Easter Sunday. This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Family First, then on the 11th is David's birthday party (he only gets a big one every other year, and it's time!), then of course is Easter Sunday and breakfast, which is busy at the Corps. And I'd like to squeeze in one more Advisory Board meeting on the 16. Plus be ahead in other areas so I can take a week or two and hole up in my house! THEN... I'll feel all ready to have this baby! But really, I know he/she will come when it's time and I don't have any say. I'm not due until the 18th anyway, and I've been induced every time from going a week or more over my due date. Pitocined the first two times and cervical pilled the last two times.

The thing about a husband/wife running a church (or anything together for that matter!) is that whatever I don't get to, my poor hubby who is already overloaded, has to make up for. That is why I want to take care of all my responsibilities before baby comes or else, he'll be the one juggling me, new baby, and the kids AND my side of the church stuff, on top of all his other work. Talk about marital strain! But we've done it 4 times before and it only seems to get better and easier! God's not going to drop a child into our lives and then say "Your on your own now". If anything, another child drives me to Him even more. His strength is perfect in my weakness. All the more for Him to shine!

On Saturday I got all the baby stuff disenfected and washed up (Bassinet, Car Seat, Bouncer Seat and blankets). Ann and Elijah helped make up the Bassinet and Car Seat. All of the kids are so excited and getting so anxious to meet this one. I love that and am so glad for it. The Bassinet is in our room now and Hannah keeps checking it and asking "Baby?". It's so cute!

Speaking of Hannah, Paul is going to take her to the Dr. this afternoon while the kids and I take David to Baseball practice. Hannah had diarhea for a couple of days and has the worst looking but unusual diaper rash plus yesterday afternoon started getting a fever that has stuck. The poor little thing has been sleeping most of the day too. I packed her with me to the Corps this morning (she can rest just as well there) and she rested a couple of hours on the pew or in Paul's office downstairs while I cleaned up from VBS. Paul even put a movie on for her and she just sat there, eyes glazed over.

Petite Sirlion Steaks, Potato Au Gratin, Salad, and Pears for dinner tonight. Maybe dessert. Mondays need a little help in the excitement area. Maybe I'll make a cake or brownies. Time?!

Oh yeah, one more thing... we've been getting asked a lot lately what our baby's name will be. A boy will be Daniel Joseph and a girl will be Mary Ruth. No use offering opinions now, our minds are made up, save it for next time.

Bye all!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love your name choices!

As for the sciatic nerve thing, John took care of Stacie's when she was in absolute agony. I hope you can fit a massage into your busy schedule.

I totally understand the frustration of Salvation Army officers husband/wife team having to do more when the other is unable. I've watched it so many times and know is can be a real source of contention between man and wife. It sounds like you guys work well as a team, but still I'm praying for you on this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...