Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break and more

We are focused on Vacation Bible School this Spring Break. It's hard to believe this is already our 5th one in The Dalles. My how time flys!! God is soooo good and faithful! I remember the first Spring Break VBS we did here in 2005 and I was basically on my own, expect for our few precious Home League ladies who served the snacks. Our DC's even came to help me teach one morning! But each year, we've had more help (more kids too!) and now this year, we had 10 people really helping last night! That may not seem like much to other churches, but to my friends in The Salvation Army out there... you can appreciate it, can't you!

The kids and I and a couple of ladies decorated the building yesterday morning, and my own kids were so helpful! Ann and Hannah helped Zeronda and Pallas stick up a ton of littler decorations. They sat and taped and the girls ran all over sticking them up. The boys helped me carry a few heavy things up and down the stairs and helped move equipment in the gameroom. They are thrilled every year at VBS time and love to be an "insider" helping get ready and reading the material a day or two ahead.

But I was still feeling crabby after a few nights of really bad sleep... SO, my friend, Stacie decided to have her baby so I could feel better. (HA!HA!) She had a baby girl who is so, so, so, precious and at less than 24 hours old looks EXACTLY like her other children. Good thing she has a different name than them, Lilly, that way we can tell them apart. We had just had a great Friday night with them too plus plans for this week. God definately appoints the time to be born!

And Sunday was also good. Our Divisional Commanders came to visit and Major preached and it was really good. It is nice for Paul and I to sit next to each other and get preached at. I loved it.
Also good to visit over lunch. I like being reminded that we are not alone and that there are many, many other Officers out there that face the unique challenges that we do.

We all stayed home this morning to catch up on chores and such. Get some play time in, etc. We'll head down to the Corps soon for afternoon 2 of VBS, which also runs into the evening for us (clean-up, lock-up, drop offs, etc.) AND Paul cooked up a fabulous breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...