Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

What to blog about...

What are you supposed to blog about when there's nothing to blog? I guess just the usual happenings of the day, but even that gets old. So I'll just start typing...

Went to Mary's 10 day check-up today. Actually though she's 11 days. I knew she wasn't a midget!! She's not 19 3/4 inches long like the hospital measured. She's 21 inches long. I knew she looked as long as our other babies. Told ya so nurses! Really though, I think that when they're a day old they don't know how to straighten out and get measured. She's just under 10 pounds now which is normal. She should be back up to birth weight by Sunday, at 2 weeks.

I don't like to say bad stuff about my children on our blog, I wouldn't do it to anyone else, why do it to my children, BUT Ann and Hannah were very naughty at the Dr's. They were great all the way through the appointment, but when it came to Mary's lab work (the squeze the blood out of the foot test) they started to get very naughty. We had to wait a long time, but still they know better than to run around like animals in public and if they forgot, I kept reminding them! So when we stopped at Fred Meyer for milk and eggs afterwards, they did not get to get a cookie from the bakery. So THERE!

I got all of our Mother and Daughter Banquet invitations mailed out today. That took a couple hours of cutting, stuffing and addressing. It is exciting that this is our 4th one and that our ladies and girls look so forward to it! I can't believe I have 3 daughters now to bring!! I am outnumbered!! In June we will do our 2nd Annual Father and Son Feast. Last year was only attended by 15, but it was still worth it. Our sons and fathers need to have a special day too, even if there are much less than us ladies. Hopefully this year will increase in attendance since it is the second one.

Paul, along with a few other food agencies, went to our local food bank today and met with the Governor. I thought about going, since we usually go to these sort of things together, but I held firm that I am taking a full 2 weeks of "maternity leave" (I have to convince myself!). I need it to keep my head on straight!! Plus, I am STILL healing if you get the drift... Anyways, I hope it went well at the food bank with him. We have really felt the hurt of the community. There are all sorts of people that we assist and our food supply is needing repleshined faster than it ever has before. There are many over the last year who would never have dreamed that they themselves would be in need of a food box from us. There are a lot of hurting people out there who have a lot of needs and it's not for governement to fix!! (Afterall, they got us into this!)It's for Charities and God's Church.

The weather is beautiful today. A little cool, but nothing a sweater won't fix. The girls and I will spend some time in the backyard soon when Hannah and Mary wake up.

I'm getting used to cooking again after a week of being spoiled by having meals brought. We're focused on eating up our freezers because who knows if we're going to be moved or not. It's better to get a head start!

2 comments:

Bebee's Human said...

Kids can turn squirrely any time, but then so can adults. I hope Ann and Hannah are calmer now. Were they rowdy because Mary had a blood test? Ann used to really like me taking my tests.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Don't move! June always makes me nervous. I know God's Will be done...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...