Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Back In The Saddle Again

I am so glad to be serving in The Dalles another year!! This is our longest appointment and we're so stoked to be able to get our long term projects done, really know our people well, and get to see a little fruit from the work! Our first appointment was 3 years, second appointment 4 years and now, we're going on 6!! Yay!

Today was a crazy day, lots of stuff just going on plus lots to do. We're all back in the saddle again... It's amazing to me that just 2 weeks after Mary's birth, we're back to our routine. She has fit in so nicely! I will say though that any "spare" time that I thought I had is now filled with Mary: nursing, cuddling, changing, co-ordinating which sibling gets to hold her next, protecting her from unnamed 2 year old, and more.

I got my Corps office schedule back in the groove, starting on Monday morning with preparing for Women's Ministries Sunday which is this Sunday and catching up on reports and other majorly lame-o deskwork, got some phone calls in, checking up on people, touching base with some staff and did I mention nursing, nursing, nursing. I think the only hard part is just that people are still draining and I am DRAINED!! I am forced to rely on the Lord for enough emotional and spiritual energy to deal with the demands of child rearing and ministry. But I am still one happy lady! I feel so blessed.

Yesterday was our last meeting for CBS (Community Bible Study). I will miss it this summer. I sooo love these disciplined, in-depth studies and the opportunity that it provides for my children to be taught Bible lessons other than Paul and I doing it. They need to know that there are other believers out there! It was the first meeting I was able to attend since Mary was born, so she was the center of attention. A little embarrassing. I just wanted to blend in and be taught, but oh no... it was all about Mary. God has knitted a woman's DNA to oogle babies! And when you're around 70 other ladies the oogling goes on and on. Very fun!

David has a late night baseball game tonight. He gets to play with the field lights on and everything. He's excited. (I really need to post pics of him playing.) He still has to go an hour and half early for practice though. Baseball has been a big part of our life lately!

Looking forward to a good, easy, family Saturday tomorrow. The next 4 Saturdays are booked. We're going to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow, since Sunday is so darn busy. Women's Ministries Sunday and all that goes with that, plus church at the Veteran's Home. Paul and the kids are going to be my little helpers to cook my favorite meal- Turkey dinner and the fixin's. Yummy! They want to use the fancy dishes, my Old Country Rose set, but I'm a little undecided because I'll have to wash them all by hand afterwards. Not my idea of Mother's Day. We'll see.

Not much else to say. Of course my brain is also not working at full capacity, (as if it ever did!)One of the many wonders (ah sacrifices) of mothering a newborn! I am so tired that my eyes have been bloodshot for 10 days. I look like a drunk. Everytime it looks like it's clearing up, I get another night of no sleep and they're all red again. I'm tired of people telling me my eyes are red. DUH!

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so thankful that you get to stay another year! Praise the Lord! The Browns are selfish!

Oh, and did you know that your eyes are bloodshot? LOL! I couldn't resist.

Mine are too!

Happy Mother's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...