Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

My "Alternative" Lifestyle

Why are all the sinful, ungodly "alternative" lifestyles accepted and celebrated? What about us Christians?
Even as Christians, united in one Holy God, we are all unique, aren't we? We all have different understandings, lifestyles and convictions don't we? Our whimsical God has created a beautiful assortment of people for His glory and purposes.
Here's my alternative lifelstyle:

  • I believe in one God who is the Creator, Preservor and Governor of all things and one Savior, Jesus Christ.

  • I believe the Holy Bible to be God's Word and I (try) live by it.

  • I have received salvation from sin and have eternal life.

  • I have one husband who I am committed to loving 'till death do us part.

  • I have 5 children, who I want, love and adore. And until further notice, I welcome any that God would send my way.

  • I love being a mother and a wife and am committed to doing it the best I know how and as much as the good Lord will equip me to do so.

  • I am an ordained full time minister of the Gospel. I preach on Sundays from a pulpit, and no, I'm not a woman's libber. Just called by God to preach His word whether it's from a wood box on a platform or on my living room couch.

  • I wear a uniform most days of the week. It identifies me with the ministry I work for. I am not my own, I was bought at a price, I belong to Christ and His calling in my life.

  • I believe in right and wrong, moral and immoral and absolute truth. I am an open-minded, understanding person, but weigh everything against the truth of God. It doesn't make me a bigot or judgemental or a hypocrite or whatever those with no truth would call it... it just gives me a place to stand in the shifty places of life. I'm glad I have that.

  • I believe in individual responsibility and accountability. You make your own life. You should take blame and the credit. The good, the bad and the ugly. We will stand before God and give a full account for it.

  • I am against welfare and I am pro charity. I believe the government should have no right to take from one man to give to another (aka- taxes). I believe we have raised generations of people who think they are entitled to the many services that the governement provides. I believe the Bible- if a man does not work, he shall not eat and you should reap what you sow. Sow not, reap not. Charity should be done by the charitable and the Church, not the government.

  • I am a true feminist. I believe a woman should be a woman, not a man. I want to look like a woman and act like a woman according to how God created me and how His Word instructs me.

  • I know that my alternative lifestyle would be more accepted and tolerated in this world if it were a sinful one. But praise God for His sanctifying work in His believers!
What's your "alternative" lifestyle? How has the Lord defined you and called you according to His purpose? What makes you unique in this world? What makes you unique in sea of Christians? Use it for the glory of God and the good of others!

4 comments:

Bebee's Human said...

I can't beleive how much Mary looks like you! All the photos in your blog are great!

Eileen Fagan said...

Sounds kind of "SoapBox" to me, but I am in agreement with you.

Rachel and Family said...

Hi Eileen! Yes, it is a soapbox (blogbox if you will!).
So good to be back in touch with you! Did you get to see our growing brood? Elijah taught Ann how to write Jesus's name on her pillow. I can't believe he still remembers that!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Your so wierd! Just kidding. I'm so with you girl. Lets be wierd together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...