Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

ho hum...

Back to "work" today. I use that term loosely because how can something that is so enjoyable and satisfying (95% of the time) be work??? Jumped right in at the Corps with a Food Preservation (Canning) class. I got a lot out of it myself even though technically I'm there to facilitate. Ann and Mary attended with me. David and Elijah popped in and out of the meeting and Hannah had Daddy all to herself. Lots of great information on canning, something I've been interested in for a long time.

Tomorrow is School Supply Distribution with over 100 backpacks individually packed according to child's grade and school. I will need to get there real early to stuff the backpacks with our youth activity flyers. Fortunately, the boys and Ann will be more than happy to help me with that. Good for me. After that and catching up in my office (Sunday bulletins, emails, reports, phone calls, etc.) we will head to Fred Meyer's to do our own back to school supplies shopping. I got a Starbucks gift card for helping out at family camp so I think I'll treat the kids to a hot chocolate.

Mary had her 4 month old shots today. She cried her eyes out, then conked out asleep. Poor baby. I saw the doctor too about a couple issues, (my business) but I promise nothing alarming or drastic at all. I rarely see a Dr. other than pregnancies but I'm glad I went. It cleared up a lot worrying in my head!

Paul took Elijah for his soccer practice again tonight. I'm so glad he's been able to take him. I have not been wanting to take the little kids in the heat, and it's better for all of us if they get to bed on time ;), plus I need that time to clean up from dinner and get ready for the next day. Elijah is loving it, as usual. He looks forward to practice and is so pumped up about playing.

We had a great staycation. I will need to post pics of all our little excursions. We're still trying to milk the last bit of summer that's left!

Off I go to continue a movie with the hubby. It's a true story from Masterpeice Theatre about a German occupied English Island during WWII. We got it from the Library the other day. It's been a great movie so far! (I just can't remember the name offhand!)

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Glad you enjoyed your staycation. I'm praying you'll have a good weekend.

Betsy Hart said...

Glad you had a good vacation and glad you are home! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...