Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday and Shopping...

Sunday is a brand new week! So glad for fresh starts, in fact each day is a fresh start isn't it. "HIS mercies are new every morning..."

Great church service. Many people were gone, summer plans and such, but still a great time of Sunday School and Worship.

We went out for lunch afterwards at Shari's (again). We are milking this kids eat free thing!! We went last Sunday and today and paid only 20$ each time, for a family of 7!! Yay! It is also our main meal for the day so I don't have to do much for dinner.

Dragged the boys back to Fred Meyer today to get new shoes and first day of school outfit. You'd think I was pulling teeth. They are just not shoppers. I'm not much of one either... but get me in the mood... and I love it. It is relaxing to me just to putter around stores when I can. Anyways... back to the boys. (Ann and Hannah stayed home with Daddy, Mary tagged along with us).

Sidenote: During our staycation we went to the Mall in Portland when the zoo got rained out. I had the boys try on stuff at the Sears. I had them try on a pair of "super skinny" jeans. I was thinking they were opposite of husky (it's always hard to get the boys pants that fit around the waist). They went in and tried them on and David starts telling me how his croch hurts. Ya right, I'm thinking, he's just trying to get out of shopping. Well, the boys come out of the fitting room walking funny and complaining. I was laughing SO HARD!!! It literally looked like they were wearing girls tights. It was hilarious! Apparently, skinny jeans means super skin tight.

So we're at Fred Meyer today and everything is skinny jeans!! How annoying. Even worse... just about everything has skulls and dragons on it. (not our thing). Everything else has crazy sayings on it like "my sister is stupid" "I hate school" and mean stuff like that (totally not our thing). I seriously could not find any decent stuff, but finally settled (*compromised*) for a Star Wars shirt. David on the other hand starts getting all into it and begs and begs for these skinny jeans that are...... PURPLE!! He tried them on and everything. He REALLY wanted these purple jeans. Oh my. Sigh. What in the world do I do. What will Paul think. What would my Dad think!?!? (Ha!Ha!) I pulled rank and said no. I just didn't want to hurt his feelings so I told him that purple didn't match a thing in his wardrobe, which was the truth, just not all of it, and let him get purple shirt instead (another *compromise*). I want him to be his own person and like his own style (within our standard) but these pants just made him look like super-nerd. I am certainly learning this parenting thing as I go. I try to stay a few steps ahead, but I am still blindsighted sometimes! What would you do???

So the boys each got a Star Wars shirt and a purple shirt and a pair of jeans, because they want to look like each other. Weirdos. They did manage to pick out different shoes though. On the shoes I decided to pay extra (I was still armed with coupons) to see if these will last longer than the less expensive kind. I'm hoping for at least 6 months out of these ones, so that would be just 6-7$ a month. They are tough on shoes. I guess all boys are.

A good day, that is still not quite over! Counting my blessings and enjoying them!

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh, my. Can't wait to see your "skinny" boys.

I would have said no to purple jeans, too!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I miss your digital camera. I would love to see your boys in purple jeans. Good for you for pulling rank. I'd have said no way, and not as nicely as you did! Good job, Rachel.

Betsy Hart said...

I love that he wanted purple jeans. LOL! My brother has some... I don't care for them on boys either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...