Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pioneer Day

Last Saturday we spent the day as Pioneers at a Pioneer re-enactment camp along White River just off (Sam) Barlow Road.


We drove for almost 2 hours, the last 20 minutes on this desolate road.

We went down to the silty river at one of the crossings that the emigrants used.
Only Hannah fell in.








We posed in front of my favorite thing on wheels- a covered wagon.



The Pioneer ladies thoroughly explained everything to us.


These 2 quilts are original pioneer quilts, over 100 years old.


Trying on hats and Momma and Mary in a bonnet. (The girls brought their own.)



Getting a lesson on the toys the pioneer children played with, I'm guessing the adults did too. They sure were fun.


These were the BEST!! We played with these for over 1/2 an hour.
Ann picked up on it right away.

Notice Hannah in the bottom left corner. She was SMART- she just picked her metal hoop up and ran, forget the pusher!

Hang on Mary!! Momma's runnin'!

Churning butter.


Ann: "just a minute, I need to adjust my bonnet"



Yes, even Mary.

Rope making.






I think the Chouinards would make great pioneers ;)

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! How do you get all those pictures on your blog on one post? I can't get more than four or five.

Betsy Hart said...

I agree! That looks like so much fun!

Pink Slippers said...

OK---I am LOVING the bonnets on the girls. So very cute.
Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...