Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Saturday


We started out the day getting our flu shots. 
Poor Ann was the only one who cried because they had to poke her 3 times before they got it right!  I think I'll ask them to do her thigh next time.  She's nothing but skin and bones and the nurse hit her vein twice while looking for some fat and muscle.
  Everyone else was quick and tear free, even Mary. 
I need to take the 4 youngest back in 4 weeks to get their second dose. 


Paul squeezed a funeral in between and then....





Then we went for our Annual Trip to the pumpkin patch. 
This year we went to Rasmussen, which we've done a few times.
Do you see mine and Paul's heads poking through the top?  Funny!!






We went on our searches for the perfect pumpkin (x7)




Mary and her pumpkin.



Paul and his pumpkin which we later found out was a giant gourd.



Elijah



Hannah



Me with my pumpkin. 
I usually go for the biggest but this year, I have a different plan how I want to carve mine.




David.  He picked one half green.  He has plans too...



My mom came along and took some great pictures! 



Pumpkin funland has all sorts of gourds, squashes and pumpkins all set up in displays.  There were about 40 individual displays.  The one above still has me laughing!!  It is of Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan.  'Member that?  Ha!Ha!Ha!




The girls loved this flying ballerina!



This is the "scary hut".  The kids LOVED it!  The girls were fearless in there!  Hannah kept going back for more and more.  Not to long ago, I had some little boys who refused to come in even with me.  I say the girls sure showed those boys up!



Elijah washing apples.  Everyone got to pick out an apple after the fun. 
I picked out some garlic mustard.  Yum!


Shortly after finding our pumpkins, I hear "Captain Rachel, Captain Rachel, Captain Rachel".  I thought my ears were ringing.  Lo and behold, 25 miles away from The Dalles,  here comes a family of one of our girls from church.  We had also thrown a baby shower for mom a few months ago.  So I also got some church visitation done and had a nice visit and chat with this family who is still more on the "fringes" of the Corps (Church).  I got a nice family photo of them taken too that I will give to *K* on Wednesday after youth activities.

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I've heard Rasmassen's is great. Love the pumpkin displays. Nice to see you in some pictures! Mary it the cutest with her little pumpkin.

I just got some photos taken of Hailey in her little bloomers. I'll try to post them tomorrow. She wore them to church today.

Love,
Jackie

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Fun! I love the one of Hannah looking up at her strange parents! LOL!

Betsy Hart said...

what a fun days!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...