Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another Heart's Desire Granted! My Baptism in the Jordan River


I thank the Lord for my husband Paul!
He was so excited for me to fulfill one of my heart's desire,
he wouldn't let anything stop my baptism from happening.



 I learned so much from this experience about legalism and the oppression it brings.
The Lord spoke to my heart and said... You can never be in the wrong if you're following Jesus.
I am understanding in a fresh way the freedom that comes from that. I am praying for the unsaved to submit to what the Lord already is confirming in their deepest parts- that Jesus is Lord. Come by faith.  And instead of death... LIFE abundant!



I told Ezekiel, please do not hold me under, I can't breath under water.
(I always thought that's why they put the hand on the head)

I did pinch my nose, like always.  The kids are still teasing me for that after watching it on the video. 
I was also glad there was a railing to hold onto so that I didn't wash away if the river picked up.
I love playing in the water with the kids, but other than that I am not a water person. 
I get scared in the shower if I'm in there too long.




The water was SOO freezing, but I didn't care. 
Our comrade and friend, Ezekiel, must've been even more cold as he baptized 6 of us.
And I was so glad my mascara stayed on and didn't run all over
because we still had the rest of the day in front of us!
The Lord even takes care of the details (ha!ha!).


It turned out that there was a man who professionally videotaped the baptism.  We debated whether to buy it or not at $18.  But we finally did  buy it and boy am I glad! Because while Paul was "videotaping" he really wasn't!! (He has too big of hands which cause him to push buttons he shouldn't! LOL!)


Now I've been baptized twice- first by the Holy Spirit and second with the Jordan River.
Thank you, Lord, for allowing me such an amazing experience!








3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

How incredibly special, Rachel. I'm so glad you got to experience this. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who held my nose when I was baptized, LOL!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so happy for you! Since I met you, you have told me that it has been a dream for you to be baptized in the Jordan River. God is so amazing as he answers our heart's desires!

Katy said...

WOW! How absolutely fantastic!!! What a wonderful dream come true! :) And...you look absolutely fabulous after coming out of the water! (I always look like a drowned rat!) You are glowing with joy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...