Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

              
              Proverbs 31:28 "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her"
Well... at least on Mother's Day they do.  ;)


Ann greeted me first with her gift that she had put together the day before.

Isn't it so sweet?  She is such a gift giver. 
I felt bad about her giving me her money,
so we agreed that I would put it in our "Michigan fund" where we can all enjoy.
She also asked for her scarf back. 


Cards from my brother and soon to be SIL and from my parents.


From Paul and the children.  A ONE HOUR massage!!  (Paul said our friend Stacie refered us to the right one since our John left town).  Also a $15 coffee gift card to Dutch Bros.  I've got a lot of coffee to drink!
And two very nice cards.


From Ann and Hannah.  Bath salts in the middle.  The bath salts had already been spilt twice in the car and 2 more times at home, and Mary tried to eat them too.  So, now I have enough bath salts for a 1 inch bath.  (But that's before the girls want to share them now too!)


From Elijah.


David gave me the blessing of being my "servant" for the day. 
He brought me icewaters, kept me company during my chores, and brushed my hair.


And I did use the excuse to treat myself to a marraige and home teaching cd 


Saturday was our Mother and Daughter Banquet. 
This is what we looked like:
"Yes, Hannah, I know the sun is in your eyes"

"Yes, Ann I know the sun is in YOUR eyes too, and I know your sister is snorting"

This is the best I could come up with, we had to stop before we really started to fall apart.


Sunday was our Women's Ministries Sunday. 
If I had written this on Sunday, I probably would've vented  on a few certain situations, but the emotion is gone now, thank God, because I was "having a moment" and Paul so gently calmed me down.   
Sometimes... it's just plain hard to be me
surrounded by so many demands and needy people.
I pray I am not a difficult person to others, I pray I'm a blessing. 
The Lord kept speaking to me "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." So instead of choosing some wrong courses of action that would've very much gratified my flesh, I smothered the situation with love, grace, and prayer and the Holy Spirit promptly fixed my hurt attitude.  HE is so very good!

The Service was very nice.  
The pews were packed because so many family members joined their mothers. 
The ladies all participated and I gave the sermon on "A Beautiful Home"
and honored the women with flowered "Be Blessed" Mugs
Have I ever mentioned what a wonderful church family we have here? 

Our family got cheeseburgers and curly fries for lunch (my pick!) and ate around the table at home. Then Paul went and did church at the Veteran's home and gave me the "afternoon off" (whatever that is with 5 kids!LOL!).   We played in the backyard for a while, I talked to my brother, my mother, and my MIL on the phone. We ate snacks for dinner since we ate a big lunch.
And everyone was exceptionally good because "it was Mother's Day!"

Dinner tonight: Crockpots- Corned Beef and Cabbage  (Youth Activities night!)

4 comments:

Paige Marken said...

Absolutley loved the bath salt comment and than the comments under the pictures of you girls. So precious and funny all togather. You are such an amazing Mother and example and I am so glad you had a day to enjoy, excited to hear from you all soon ;) Love Cousin Paige

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

We just did corned beef and cabbage!

The last picture was the best by far. You all look like little pink roses in a garden. You have beautiful girls, Rach!

Can't wait for the report on the French Onion soup!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Talk about a perfect Mother's Day!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW,
You girls look beautiful in your pink dresses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...