We have received our Marching Orders and will be moving to San Francisco in about 6 weeks. We will be training to become Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) Administrators. (I think our official title is "Trainees"). Wow. Didn't really see that one coming. Although, when I look at the seeds that God has been growing in mine and Paul's hearts over the last couple years, it makes perfect sense. I am most excited in the intimate way that the Lord has been working in my faith and knowledge of Him. It almost scares me (actually it does!).
While we are very much looking forward to this new chapter in our lives, I can't help but have some hesitation when I pull back from trusting God. When I am fearful for my children because of the depravity they will most definately encounter, I am reminded that God loves them so much more than I do and His plan is to prosper them not harm them. Perhaps this will be the time in their life that God will arouse their compassion for those who are perishing.
The Dalles has been a spiritually cushy appointment. It has been exhausting and challenging at times, but overall is such a nice, friendly, Christian-like community. I have enjoyed my 6 years of being spiritually built up. We have so loooved our people, even when they drive us nuts, or, more often, when we drive them nuts. We will miss them so very much. We will miss our friends very much. I will even miss this crusty old house that I have grown to love because of all our memories.
I also feel hopeful-
- hopeful for a flat driveway and nicer kitchen,
- many learning opportunities from all that San Francisco has to offer,
- being close to my family, childhood friends, and old stompin' grounds
I am praying-
- for the Lord's Way to be in and around our lives and for the courage to stand firm in Him
- for a fruitful ministry,
- for like-minded friends,
- for my brain to take in all of the new stuff I need to learn,
- that admist all the stress and responsibility that I will be the Mother I need to be for my children,
- and I am praying hard for my husband and the new stresses he will have