Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Ann's Recital

Ann's recital was 3 weeks ago... guess it's been awhile since I emptied my camera, but the day was memorable thats for sure!
She was so excited.  They have been rehearsing for months for their dance.



It was another crazy day for us.  Paul was at Men's Camp so I did the whole sha-bang on my own- get my children ready and out the door,  pick-ups, opening building, Assembly, Sunday School, Chase kids (not just my own),  Call the Police to report my computer stolen from my office!!!, meet with cop to file a police report with babe on my hip,  tell him "I have to go start church NOW", get weird look from cop,  Lead the Church Service and Preach, visit with people, lock-up the building, drop-offs, hurry home, shove lunch down everyone's throat, get Ann ready, leave Mary with a babysitter (smart move there if I do say so myself), make Ann "beautiful" (didn't take much work ;) and show up at the recital like I have it all together, only to find out my skirt was on backwards and that I had oatmeal in my hair.  I'm not kidding!  Paul arrived home from Men's camp just as we were pulling out of the driveway.  I swear men know how to show up as soon as all the work is over! hee!hee!

Pretty is as pretty does.


There were tons of people there. We sat up in the balcony with a great view. 
Ann was excited and nervous at the same time.

Ann third from left, next to our dear friend on the right who we miss so much already.

Third from left.  I was actually way down there kneeling in front of the stage.  I let Elijah take the pictures.  He didn't do as good as I hoped, but he tried and he's got to learn anyway.


We had some running around time afterwards while Paul got the car that was parked 3 blocks away.

Afterwards, Paul and I took advantage of having a babysitter and we went out for a long dinner and to see a movie, Iron Man 2.  It was so nice to see a movie without having to pause it 100 times.

We are in crunch time here.  Less than two weeks left and so much to do.  We are soooooo excited, but sad too.  Kind of a strange thing to feel.

Thank you Lord, for my first daughter!

  " ...and our daughters
will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace."   
Psalm 144:12b

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yeah, I can comment again!

Ann's dress is amazing! She looks so pretty.

I've had the oatmeal in the hair thing going on too.

Steve is good at showing up when the work is done too. LOL!

I love you to pieces and enjoyed this post.

I'm still picturing the look on the officer's face!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh good, I can comment again :) That is the cutest outfit. She looks like a mini-Rachel! Adorable. That sounds like an extremely stressful day. I bet you're glad that one is over! Yes, men always know when to show up, hee hee.

Betsy Hart said...

Those are amazing pictures. I love being able to "see" your life, even though you are so far away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...