Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

(Flashback) Wildlife

I was cleaning out my blog  "drafts" and found this one from June that I never posted.   Oh how I miss our yard!!  I am an outside girl, the kids love outside too. (I would love to be a Forest Ranger when we retire in 20+ years!) Our yard is tiny here, but we live across from an awesome "forest park" that we visit a few times a week.

Flashback....

Mice hunting.


Caught one!  See his tail?
(Later I shot him with the bee-bee gun.
I nailed a couple of his friends too as they were scrambling around the deck.)


The girls caught a rollie-pollie bug and name him Sparkle.  He died overnight on the kitchen counter.  I thought the girls had released him like I asked but instead they gave him grass and water and put him up with the dirty dishes.  I think he drowned.



We found this bird in the backyard all alone, hardly moving. 
Elijah covered him up with some washcloths to keep him warm overnight.  We gave him some bread too.
In the morning, he was gone, just a trace of bloody feathers was left.  He must've been eaten.



I know it looks like Mary but it's really a monkey. 
I'm always finding her on the dining table, or swinging from the bunk beds,
or moving stools so she can climb into the bathroom sink. 
Just the other day I left her in Paul's office for just a moment. 
When I came back she was on top of his desk clinging to his computer screen.
But ssshhh... daddy doesn't know that.


1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

That picture of Mary is too funny!! Liv is a climber too =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...