Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Setting up the Santa Train


Stringing Popcorn Garland
(of which Mary keeps eating it off of the tree)


Our nightly Jesse Tree  


Building our Gingerbread House


The other tradition that was not captured on film was
Mommy crying as she unpacked the ornaments made by so many little hands
hung in so many different homes

and then
Mommy freaking out over swarms of little hands
grabbing for ornaments
to precariously perch on the tips of tree branches
only to come tumbling down again and again
and finding several of them in Mary's crib because they were her "babies" 
and ornaments that brothers' hung in sisters' hair
and ear-peircing shrieking when they got tangled

Christmas
just wouldn't be Christmas without all my little helpers.




3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I think decorating the tree is by far the most stressful part of Christmas! Getting the nutcracker collection out is second! I'm so thankful that Jackie will get that priviledge next week! Aren't I mean? LOL!

We have the same train but it is broken.

Also, how in the world do you keep your house so clean? It looks like there isn't a toy in it!!!!

Betsy Hart said...

I HAVE to hear more about this Jesus tree.

My tradition is starting new this year. You will have to read my blog today. We are doing the 25 days of Christmas. Its getting us more into family activities. =)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, I know what you mean. During decorating time this year, I ended up in the bedroom in tears, yelling, "This is supposed to be fun!" We're going to try to come up with a plan next year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...