Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Over The Weekend

Saturday the kids and I were up at the hospital for Ann. She was having terrible ear pain and it turned out to be an ear infection. Now she is on antibiotics. She has been feeling MUCH better and wants me to stop asking about her ear. Apparently it is "annoying her" she said. She cracks me up!

Then we went to the Corps to bring Paul his lunch and to set up for Family First Sunday School before heading home. Paul and I had approved our Thrift Store Manager's vacation weeks ago, never knowing how sick we'd be. So, Paul had to run the store on Saturday with a 103 fever. Thankfully, our cashier who is battling breast cancer was able to work and Paul could just kind of rest. One thing about being a Corps Commmanding Officer.... THE BUCK STOPS HERE! While we are here to bail out our employees or congregation, there is noone to bail us out. I was feeling pretty bitter about that, until I noticed last week that my fab youth pastor and her family and a few other Soldiers did the following while we were laid up: put away every Christmas decoration in the Corps (there was a lot!), decorated for my Family First Sunday School, packed away over 200 leftover Christmas toys for next year, ran the church service we missed, preached my already written sermon (thank God I was ahead on that!), and got ready for a Baby Shower that I was to be mainly throwing this week. All without being asked!! What a blessing! That is the way church is supposed to be!! Everyone helping, not just a few select people. I don't know if our last appointments would've shown so much initiative, they were gifted in other ways.

Yesterday, Paul and I kept the kids home from church. There was still some coughing and Ann's ear needed to rest. So how do we pull that one off? Well, we have a system for when one or more of the kids need to stay home.... I go to the the Corps to open and teach Sunday School then I get the class going on something so that I can leave by 10:40am. I come home, tag Paul "you're it" and he goes and leads the Holiness meeting and preaches. We came up with that one in Springfield when David was 2 and had crup real bad. We end up doing that once or twice a year and it works great. I refuse to drag my sick children to church or anywhere. Their health is WAY more important than church.

So this morning, school is delayed for 2 hours due to the snow and ice we got last night. Will life ever get back to normal?? Roosevelt will be leaving us today. We've had fun with him, but I have noticed a distinct smell coming from his home despite frequent cleanings. I can smell like a dog when I'm pregnant.

Looking forward to going to tea with my friend tomorrow. It has been way to long. It's really hard for me to get out by myself so I soooo appreciate when I can! It makes me feel like a person again, not just somebody's mother or minister. But I'm not complaining... I have a great life and great people in it!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so glad your corp helped out like that. What a blessing!

Poor Ann, I hope she feels better soon.

I can't wait until tomorrow. I felt like I haven't seen you forever and a day!

Love,
Stacie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. What a trial! It is great that your corp members pitched in and helped when you least expected it. What an example of how the Body should work!

I don't know how you feel about home remedies, but I use garlic mullien extract. It is in olive oil. You just warm it up a bit and put a few drops in the ear. I've tried it on myself and the kids and it seems to work great. I get it at an herbal store here in La Grande. If you are interested, I can pick some up for you. I wish I'd known about it sooner because Josiah probably wouldn't have had to have tubes in his ears and his adnoids taken out.

Glad you and Stacie had great time at tea. I know she so appreciates any time she gets with you.

Take Care and Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...