Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Couple Days

Thursday was so nice! I went to Anzac Tea Parlour with my CBS ladies group. Just an informal get together. I got the childcare to watch the girls for me for a quick hour (thanks G&S!), the boys were in school, and I brought Mary with me, praying she'd be easy. Turned out that I didn't even deal with Mary at all. The 11 other ladies passed her around and around. What a special ministry that babies have! I heard so many comments from the ladies "I haven't held a little one in so long" "This reminds me of my own babies who are all grown up" "Sorry if I dropped crumbs on her" "I miss my grandchildren" were all some of the comments.
hen we had our good friends over, the Browns. Too bad Steve couldn't make it. He's Paul's "buddy". Otherwise everyone else always has a perfect playmate buddy with the Browns. Even us grown-ups. There is someone for everyone. If Snickers came, Buster would have one too.
Elijah also got to take a trip to the Portland Zoo with his 1st Grade class on Thursday. He had so much fun!

Friday I brought the girls to the Office with me to take care of a couple of things. The air conditioning wasn't working right, in fact the repairmen were there working on it. My Office was an OVEN! I was joking that I must've dropped 10pounds just sweating it off in there!
We met Elijah at Sorosis Park. He got to go as a special reward for being a great student all year long. David would've went too, but he chose to stay with his class so that he could participate in their Friday Pioneer day. (I will definately post separately about all of David's Pioneer activities!) The girls and I had a picnic while Elijah ate his lunch. When I was nursing Mary, Hannah got an ant on her finger and was screaming bloody murder. I was glad to rescue her before someone called 911. I don't know what it is about my girls and bugs!! Ann used to be that way too, but has kind of grown out of it. They definately did not learn that fear from me. I'm the one that fears drowning, not bugs.
Paul and I got to go out on a "date"!! Third one this year. Yay!! We just happened to call Courtney, our babysittter and she said she could come. So, with Mary in tow, we went to K-Mart (a dreaded trip for me, but Elijah desperately needed some pants), went to Lilo's (a new Hawaiin food place on 2nd) and went to see Star Trek at the movies. Mary was an angel. So was Paul.

Today Paul went to a retirement party in Portland for some comrads of ours. I would've went but we didn't want to leave the kids with a babysitter all day long, plus I would've had to bring Mary anyways.
So, the kids and I spent late morning, early afternoon in the front yard. I worked on the rose bushes. The kids played with the hose, rode bikes and chalked. I'm working on laundry, washing a down a stroller I bought for $10 at a yard sale (yay!), working on my sermon (Jonah), in between one of the kids always needing something from me. Earlier I had all 3 of the girls and 1 of the boys all crying at once... aaaahh the joys of motherhood. Well anyway, they're upstairs setting up the Monopoly game to play. I like that one. They wanted Twister, but I'm just not in the mood for that today!

I'm thinking about doing Pizza for dinner. It's hot and I don't feel like cooking. Lazy me.

Church tomorrow, and we get the afternoon off with no programs scheduled. That will be nice.

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

we are doing pizza tonight too.

That is so funny about the ant. I can just picture it.

We had a great time and as always, you are a great cook and hostess.

Steve is doing better. Now I'm the one that is sick.

Call me when you get a chance, we need to schedule a few days for us to get together this summer before it gets too crazy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...