Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas at Home


Our Jesse Tree



Entryway



Entryway table



Kitchen with little stockings from my childhood



Kid art



My happy little snowmen.
The trees on the right were a very special gift from my Paul when we were at our first appointment and I was having a most difficult time with some very mean people. 
The trees remind me of how a difficult time really pulled Paul and I together
and toughened me up for battle against sin and the ruler of darkness.  ;)




On a lighter note...
Our Gingerbread house that we made at Thanksgiving.
I was noticing that candy kept missing from it.  All the children denied it, but I knew someone was doing it!
Finally... I caught Hannah one evening with a peice of candy in her mouth that could only have come from the Gingerbread house.  She fessed up and we all were reminded that whatever sin you do in secret always comes out!!  You may be enjoying it for days or weeks, sometimes even years, but the truth always comes out.  Hannah just got a good talkin' too, after all, she's just learning about these things. 
Very cute story to tell though!




Bathroom



The kids love to play with these guys.

and these guys.



I was super excited to buy brand new bulb ornaments for our tree this year.  They were a bit costly, but I purchased 2 sets of 65, one red toned, one gold toned.   The best part is... they are unbreakable!  and will last me for years!  The sad part was that I couldn't get them all to fit!



My dear friends gave me this Alaska Nativity after I did a short-term mission trip to Alaska islands.



Mikasa Nativity



It was sad to retire Buster's stocking this year.
From left to right...
Mary, Momma, David, Hannah, Elijah, Daddy, Ann



Singing snowman given to us by my lovely MIL





One of my favorite parts of Christmas are the cards.
This year, I hope to take them down one each day starting on New Years and pray for the families.


Dining Room


Living Room 

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thank you for the tour of your lovely home! Everything is beautiful. I especially love the sentimental decorations. Adorable Alaska nativity!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It looks so festive at your house!

Betsy Hart said...

I absolutely LOVE your idea about the cards! :) Merry Christmas Rachel and family :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...