I wanted to share this from Nancy Leigh Demoss. Food for thought...
"Humble vs. Proud"
1. Proud people focus on the failures of others. Broken people are overwhelmed with the sense of their own spiritual need .
2. Proud people are self-righteous- have a critical, fault-finding spirit looking at everyone else’s faults with a microscope but their own with a telescope. They look down on others. Broken people are compassionate. They can forgive much because they know how much they have been forgiven. They think the best of others and esteem all others better themselves.
3. Proud people have an independent, self-sufficient spirit. Broken people have a dependent spirit and recognize their need for others .
4. Proud people have to prove that they are right. Broken people are willing to yield the right to be right.
5. Proud people claim rights and have demanding spirit . Broken people yield their rights and have a meek spirit.
6. Proud people are self-protective of their time and their rights and their reputation.
Broken people are self-denying.
7. Proud people desire to be served. Broken people are motivated to serve others.
8. Proud people desire to be a success. Broken people are motivated to be faithful and make others successful.
9. Proud people desire for self-advancement. Broken people desire to promote others .
10. Proud people have a drive to be recognized and appreciated and are wounded when others are promoted and they are overlooked. Broken people have a sense of their own unworthiness and are thrilled that God would use them at all in any ministry, they are eager to give others the credit and they rejoice when others are lifted up .
11. Proud people have a sub conscious feeling this ministry is privileged to have me and my gifts and they think of what they can do for God. Broken people have a heart attitude that says I don't deserve to have any part in this ministry and they have nothing to offer to God, but the life of Jesus flowing through their broken lives.
12. Proud people feel confident in how much they know. Broken people are humbled by how very much they have to learn.
13. Proud people are self conscious. Broken people are not concerned with self at all.
14. Proud people keep others at arms length. Broken people are willing to risk getting close to others and loving intimately.
15. Proud people are quick to blame others. Broken people accept personal responsibility and can see where they were wrong in a situation.
16. Proud people are unapproachable. Broken people are easy to be entreated.
17. Proud people are defensive when criticized. Broken people receive criticism with an open, humble Spirit.
18. Proud people are concerned with being respectable and what others think and working to protect their own image and reputation. Broken people are concerned with being real what they care about is what God knows and are willing to die to their own reputation.
19. Proud people find it difficult to share their spiritual needs with others. Broken people are willing to be open and transparent with others as God directs.
20. Proud people want to be sure that no one knows they have sinned to cover up. Broken people are willing to be exposed because they have nothing to lose.
21. Proud people have a hard time in saying, “I was wrong, will you forgive me.”
Broken people are quick to admit their failures and seek forgiveness when necessary.
22. Proud people in confessing their sins, tend to deal in generalities. Broken people are able to deal with the specific conviction of God's spirit.
23. Proud people fear consequences of their sin. Broken people are grieved over the cause the root of their sin.
24. Proud people are remorseful they got found out. Broken people are repentant over their sin which is evidenced by the fact they forsake them
25. Proud people when misunderstood in relationships, wait for the other one to come and ask for forgiveness. Broken people take the initiative to see if they can get to the Cross first no matter how wrong the other may have been.
26. Proud people compare themselves with others and feel worthy of honor. Broken people compare themselves with the holiness of God and feel a desperate need for mercy.
27. Proud people are blind to their real heart condition. Broken people walk in the light
28. Proud people think they have nothing to be repentant of. Broken people realize that they have a need of a continual heart attitude of repentance.
29. Proud people are unbroken and don't think they need revival, but they are sure everyone else does. Broken people continually sense their need for a fresh encounter with God for a fresh filling of His Holy Spirit.
Which are you?
Living the Pantry Lifestyle - Just chatting
1 hour ago