Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Good (and not so good) of the last couple weeks

GOOD....
-Going to the Festival of Trees (private fundraiser dinner) with my hubby.  Looking at all the trees and sharing a fabulous meal with some very fabulous people from the community at our table.  A very lovely evening. I got to give the speech (when would I ever say no to talking???).

-Going to the Festival of Trees with our family two days later.  In all the years we've lived here, we've never gone, then BAM we get to go twice in one week.  We looked at all the trees together and then... watched Ann perform with her dance class!!  SO CUUUUTE!!

-Getting our Christmas Tree.  Everyone takes a turn sawing except for Mary and I who are videotaping. (I mostly like to video tape rear-ends, but I got a little of their faces in too ;)  The boys carried the tree back to the car.  But the BEST part of all was watching Paul, who insisted on driving while reaching his arm up and through the window to hold the tree to the roof of the car while we drove down to the paying station that had the rope.  (I hope I painted a good enough picture in your mind.)  It was HILARIOUS!  Especially when the tree started falling off twice.  And once, Paul actually let go to wave to some people we know (!?!?) only to remember he should be holding the tree as the tree flew off the car.  I swear, I kept insisting I help,  but I was a good wifey and obeyed his instruction- "just stay out of it".    We are still laughing! 

-Hosting our Advisory Board and Staff Christmas Party at Casa El Mirador.  Two very nice blessings-- first was that one of our employees brought me flowers.  Made my night.   Second, I sat next to a lady, an AB member's guest, who was visiting from Homer, Alaska.  I love Alaska and loved hearing every detail she gave me about Homer and life up there. 

I better make this shorter...

-Watching Elijah's Christmas performance at school.

-Having our friends over for dinner. 

-Having a God-appointed conversation with someone in a parking lot.

-Hearing my oldest son tactfully and respectfully correct me when I messed up his Christmas gift exchange present for school.  (Long story, but he was right, I was wrong)

-Surprise visit from our Divisional Commanders who came bearing gifts for all the children and us too.

-Cozying up most nights with a fire, a movie, and Christmas decor.

-Celebrating my first daughter's 5th Birthday today.  It is ANNday all day long.  (I'll post pics tomorrow, as we're not done celebrating yet!)


Not So Good....
-Catching Mary (the baby) sucking down a bottle of Elmers Glue.

-Slipping and falling on the ice.

-Slipping and falling on the ice for the second time.

-Trying to agree, as a family,  on what Christmas tree to get!

-Forgetting to return the saw to the Christmas tree farm and having to drive all the way back to deliver it.

-Bickering with Paul about the balloon and table decorations for the AB/Staff Christmas Party. me: "Just let me do the balloons MY way!  I can handle it! I run this event, remember??"      Paul: "but Rachel, I'll untangle them so you don't have to cut them"      me: "we don't have enough time to untangle 30 balloons, I'm cutting them.  Now move back before I cut you too"    Paul:  big smile     me:  "I mean it!"     Paul:  big smile

-Freezing cold all day every day.  I'm looooonging for Spring.  The only thing good about Winter is Christmas.

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You guys are so funny and cute! That's why I love ya!

Elmer's glue? Yuck!

Diana Pishion said...

I love reading your blog. You have a knack for finding humor in life. Enjoy the snow! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...