Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good Bye Crop Circles

We've had a pool up every summer in the last 6 years.  After our family grew, we upgraded to a larger pool which in the end left us two different sized "crop circles" where all the grass had died off.  We've had fun joking about that especially because the little kids see the big antennas and red lights at night that are beyond our back yard, and they call them a spaceship.    
So, we spent the afternoon a few weekends ago planting grass.
I am really going to miss our yard.

























I made 2 of these Milky Way Cakes for the Bake Sale at Church, but then Hannah got into one of them! First time that I've had a child do something so deliberately naughty with a cake! She is only 3 and desire gave way to self-control!  So we kept the cake she goobered, cut off the nasties and ate it for ourselves.  Hannah didn't get any though :( poor girl
The kids enjoyed the story of when I was little and our dog jumped on the table and ate my dad's birthday cake, just like Hannah did.


Nothing beats a warm bath from daddy to end the day.


Proverbs 20:11 (KJV)
"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."


Thank you Lord for work, please cultivate ready hands in my children as they go about helping in the home and church.

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

That Hannah! I would have done the same thing, Sorry no cake!

That is nice of you to fix the grass. That will be such a blessing to the new officers.

Loved all the pictures. Oh, I will miss visiting with you on the back porch watching those children play together. We had so much fun, didn't we? Those steaks were to die for!


Milky Way cake is a weakness for me. Diana used to make it at Christmas time. I would beg her to make me one after I moved out. Finally, she just gave me the recipe. I think I have made it once. I need to treat my kids some day.

Tammy said...

That cake looks delicious! When do you move?

Betsy Hart said...

I love the pictures. =) Thank you for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...