Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Well, we finally found my chord to download the gobs of pictures on my camera. Not that I was in the biggest hurry, we've been adjusting and settling in like crazy, doesn't leave much time or desire for computing.  Even though it's been awhile, I'm starting at the beginning. 


We said a lot of goodbyes.  Church was packed, we should have a farewell every Sunday.  Below are  our dear friends.  The kids miss them and talk about them often, but they are forever friends, so we will see them again.  I'm holding out for some marraiges.

Paul and Mary were the last ones out of the house


One last photo on the front steps. 


The journey begins...


The children all took turns riding with Daddy in the big truck. 
They had a blast and we had a great, smooth trip down.  Uneventful was good!!
Hannah was the only one who cried when we left (well, besides my tears!).  She is still the one who keeps asking to go back home to The Dalles.  She conked out pretty quick and Ann took some photos of the sleeping beauty's.




David took some "professional" photos of us as requested by our Command.  Can you tell I had my pajama bottoms on?  LOL!  David kept snapping pictures, even when our photo shoot turned into a bickerment because someone kept making faces.





We have felt very warmly received here. 


And, a quote from the current book I'm reading (David and Elijah too),
"The  Magicians Nephew" by C.S. Lewis
"Make your choice, adventurous Stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder till it drives you mad,
What would've followed if you had."


3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Oh Rachel!! I miss you guys so much! I love the steps picture. =) And I think the funny face one makes a perfect shot for anything about you two! Perfect!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So glad you posted! Missed you so much in Blogland. Love you and praying for you. I hope there are some marriages, too, then we could be related!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So wonderful to see some picture of you guys! Thank you for posting. Some of these were pretty emotional for me. Saying goodbye to the old house. When we drive by it, the kids keep saying, "There's the Chouinard's house". I keep reminding them that it isn't yours now. They don't seem to quite understand.

I miss you so much friend. I'm sorry we couldn't connect this week. Let's shoot for next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...