Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Florida Part 1

Recently we took a trip to Florida.  All 7 of us. 
We flew on 2 planes to get there and 2 planes to get back. 
We left at 4 in the morning and came home at 11:30 (2:30am Florida time) at night 7 days later.
 I feel like we should get some kind of award for flying with 5 young children, especially when I took all the children through security by myself (while Paul was dealing with our rental van.) LOL!
But really, we all did so good, we were tired, but us Chouinards really know how to pull together.  I was so proud of my kiddos handling everything so well.  I knew they could :) 

We spent our first night in Florida at a hotel so we could get a deal on the rental van, paying for a 7 day package instead of 7 plus extra. Paul is really good about fenagling-the-best-deal out of people.  He's patient and persistent like that. Good thing one of us is.


        We all camped out in one room, side by side. We loved it.  Is that weird?

Grandpa scored a ton of points
offering milk and cookies most nights.

Grandma scored points too letting the girls help bake, frost, and lick.


We drove these golf carts around a lot.   Ann pretended to be scared that I was driving. 
They don't go very fast, so I don't see what she was worried about.
                       We had a blast spotting alligators.

Have you ever read the book "Because of Winn Dixie"?  Elijah just got done studying it at school.  We were so excited to shop in a Winn Dixie, especially in the produce section by the oranges...

It was a great trip, especially visiting family that we don't get to see very much.  I'm thankful that the kids have wonderful memories visiting with their grandparents.  It makes us sad to say good-bye though.  

There will be more to come...


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You should get an award! Whew!!!! Security all by yourself? I wouldn't have any hair left on my head! LOL!

Looks like fun. Can't wait to show the kids.

Love,
Stacie

Betsy Hart said...

You totally deserve an award! What a fun trip that looks like!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...