Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crunch Time

Got my game face on.
Is it ever going to get any easier to move?!?  I have to be quite frank... I'm sick of boxes, cleaning, messes, disorder, and my home being a general state of upside down.  Then, I will move and it will be another couple months or so of settling in, only to move again in who knows how long.   I feel homeless.  Rebellious. Fleshly. Grrrrrr....

Paul handles it better than me.  Task oriented, hard working, hopeful and optimistic.
BTW... He is a Major today! 

The boys pack up their room, but need lots of my reminding them to stay on task.  Get the job done!
I swear I'm getting a whip for next time we move. 

The girls try to "pack" but when they're not looking I dump it all out and do it right.  I tried to teach Ann this time, but she just wants to pack everyone else's stuff and not hers.


I had two nights in a row of sleepovers for the kids' friends.  At one point I had 12 children.  Is that legal?Made home-made chocolate covered pretzels. I sprinkle sea salt on top while they're cooling.  So good.  The kids all loved them.


Always time to eat some baby belly.

Always time for FUN!... and to give my 80 pound son a ride.  I've been playing "Laugh Your Way to A Better Marriage" while we pack.  Mostly so Paul can over hear it too. Tee!Hee!

Cuddling in the wee mornings.


The girls and I went to a fantabulous wedding for a friend that, 
of course, we have to say good-bye too.

Today the kids and I will go to the Center for a couple of hours.  Elijah needs to practice  his drumming before Music Camp and can you believe I still have things to do.  Then I will take David and Elijah to their friends' house for the last time.  Good-byes, again, and again, and again.

Paul and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary on Monday.  We couldn't get a babysitter, but are going to try and do something Friday night.  We'll see.  I did cook up a great big steak dinner and stuffed mushrooms. 

Yesterday, I got my Food Handler's Card.  And now I am frantically studying for my Class B License.  I feel disappointed that I only got 75% of my Trainee Checklist done for this year.  It is so discouraging to be asked and expected to do SO many things that would really only be possible if I didn't have a husband and children to care for.   It's like being told to split the atom, I could try real hard, but I just couldn't do it, without blowing up myself and those around me.   Frustrating!! to say the least.     I am trusting that my life, spiritual witness, and character are better because of my commitment to my family and I hope that influences my ministry far more than a set of tasks.   I just want to be competent too! 

I am so excited for our new appointment.  I honestly didn't think I was going to make it.  But during tough times that we have experienced over the years, I just tell God, "I'll give it my all today, but tomorrow, I'm quiting".  And do you know what?  Tomorrow never happens.  Each day holds new mercy for me.  New compassion stirred in my heart.    God is beyond faithful and so very loving to me.  I am so undeserving.

A wise man once said
"you can have anything in life
if you will sacrifice everything else for it."



3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I feel you on the moving. We haven't since Natalie was born and I hate packing to move now! =) You are in our prayers.

Fred and Wendy said...

Hang in there, it gets better! Since the kids left home and we "downsized" the packing is easier though we always regret leaving an appointment!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Movie! I hate it! You do it so well, though! LOL!

Hang in there, you will be all settled before you know it.

Congrats to MAJOR Paul!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...