Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Backyard Learning



Have you ever done a Bug Battle? 
Catch as many bugs as you can, or snails, worms, etc.
Gather them all together and put them under Mom's glass serving dish.
Watch the battle unfold.

We do practice catch and release.


There actually is never much too it.  They mostly stay away from eachother.  You can tell when the spider is getting mad and the fangs protude and they stand on their hind legs.  The snail takes it easy and hidey-holes in it's shell.  The worm gets all hard. The roley polley curls up and rolls around. 

I enjoy so much pointing out nature to the children.  We are big on stopping and noticing things.  I believe we learn so very much about our Heavenly Father and the ways of the world just by taking in nature.  I am also most content when I am outside. 


Early one morning, Paul caught toads at the base of our fence.

I have a ton of pictures over the years of Paul holding up some sort of wildlife for the children.  I think it's great.  To complete my collection would be Paul holding up a Skunk :)) 

                         Even little Mary gave him a good pet. 



 “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”-Isaiah 6:3



3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

As I was scrolling down, I kept waiting for a picture of Paul holding a snake! Thank you for NOT doing that to me! LOL!

Battle of the bugs. I'm stealing that one. AWESOME!!!!

Betsy Hart said...

I also thank you for not posting a pic of a snake. Worms and bugs are okay, through the computer screen, but not snakes. lol. I am glad that Paul is brave enough to give the kids that experience. I hope that I am not too much of a whimp and rub that off on my kiddos.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a great idea, I'm totally going to use that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...